Virgin is one of the UK’s most recognisable brands. Their Virgin Money arm provides a whole host of financial service and insurance products. Here we review the Virgin Travel Insurance policy and see what it has to offer. If you like to keep active on your holiday or business trips, then this might be what you are looking for.
There are 3 main types of cover: Single Trip, Annual Multi-trip and Backpacker.
4 levels of protection:
- Red: lowest cost policy, with excess charges of £100 for each claim you make.
- Silver: standard policy, with excess charges of £60 for each claim you make.
- Gold: increased cover, with lower excess charges of £50 for each claim you make.
- Black: top-of-the-range policy, with no excess charges.
Take unlimited trips during your 12-month policy period:
- lasting up to 31 days on Red cover,
- lasting up to 45 days on Silver
- up to 90 days on Gold or Black cover.
- If you’re over 65, each trip is limited to 31 days.
- Insures you for winter sports as standard.
- Ideal for student gap years abroad
- Available between 31 days and 18 months.
- The same 4 protection levels above apply here too.
Here are benefits that are found on all Virgin Travel Insurance plans
- Kids covered free when travelling with paying parents or grandparents — up to 3 under-18s per adult.
- Covered for 88 different sports and leisure activities, from bungee jumping to windsurfing. Other popular sports include cycling, football, and horse riding. Visit the Virgin page to get a full list.
- 24/7 emergency medical assistance helpline.
- Adjustable excess levels Adjust how much excess you pay if you make a claim by changing your premium amount.
- Optional extras cover you for lots of activities. Popular past-times for the adventurous include Parachuting, Flying, Canyon swinging, Mountain biking & White Water Rafting. This is an additional 80 different activities than those already listed on the policy.
- If something is lost, stolen, or damaged while you are away, Virgin will pay you a percentage of its original cost, depending on its age and condition.
- Travel disruption cover – If your travel is disrupted by a natural disaster or civil unrest, they will pay you up to £100 to help compensate for the inconvenience.
- Winter sports cover – They will insure you for winter sports equipment which you own or hire, if it’s lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Business cover – If you’re on a business trip and your laptop, mobile phone or other computer equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged they will cover the cost of replacing it. This is up to £500 for any single item, after a deduction amount for wear and tear and loss of value.
- Golf cover – Virgin will pay if your golf clubs, golf bag, non-motorised golf trolley, or golf shoes are lost or stolen.
Conclusion – Virgin Travel Insurance
Virgin has a very flexible offer that is aimed at the adventurous traveller. The policy covers 88 different activities as standard, plus you have the ability to add another 80 others on as optional extras. The insurance has 4 various levels of protection to choose from, for those clients that need something bespoke, or are looking to keep costs down.
There are some other great benefits, like kids being covered for free plus the adjustable excess. So, all-in-all, this is a superb package and comes highly recommended.