Tesco Car Insurance
Here is an unbiased Tesco Car Insurance review. With this type of cover, is being cheap always the best way to go? We will answer that below.
Tesco Car Insurance comes in two variations: Standard and Box insurance (for drivers 17 to 25).
What are the benefits of this with type of insurance?
- Get immediate cover – choice of comprehensive or 3rd party.
- Guaranteed discount for Clubcard customers.
- You may also get a discount if you use their new app called Tesco Drive + Reward.
- A no claims discount and the option to protect it, if applicable.
- Personalise your cover – pay to add the optional extras that suit your requirements
- Uninsured driver promise – The cover comes with peace of mind that if your car is hit by an uninsured driver, you won’t be penalised for it. As soon as the details of the incident are validated, your no claims discount will be reinstated, plus your excess will be refunded to you.
- Replacement child car seat – child seats that are fitted to the car at the time of an incident, will be replaced, even if there is no visual damage.
- Small courtesy car – You’ll get a small courtesy car to help you keep going while yours is being repaired following a claim. There are a few exclusions so please check these.
- Windscreen cover – Tesco car Insurance will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing your broken or chipped windscreen or windows. This includes any scratching to the paintwork that might have been caused by broken glass.
- Fire and theft cover .
- In-car entertainment equipment cover – This includes any stereo, sat nav, telephone and entertainment equipment, that are permanently fitted to your car.
- UK cover extended to EU travel for up to 90 days. Great for those family vacations.
Box Insurance (Young Drivers 17 to 25)
This is where a tracking device is fitted to your vehicle. This then monitors how the driver performs during the course of a month, picking up both good and bad driving behaviour. You must also select the amount of mileage that you expect to rack up, which affects your premium.
So what do you get with Box Insurance?
- Comprehensive cover for young drivers
- Earn a no claims discount for every year you don’t make a claim
- Earn up to 100 Bonus Miles a month for safe driving
- Guaranteed discount for Clubcard customers
If you are aged 21 or over, you are able to use the Standard Car Insurance instead. This means that you do not have to have a box fitted, nor are governed by limited mileage.
Tesco Car Insurance – In Conclusion
Tesco have something for every driver. The comprehensive cover is superb for the price, although the level of insurance can be personalised for your exact requirements. This is backed by ease-of-use and solid customer service, so comes highly recommended.
For younger drivers getting great cover at a decent price can be tough. The Box Insurance is a good way to make the premiums more affordable, whilst building up a no claims discount. It also comes highly recommended too.