Thanks for reading this Saga Travel Insurance review. Below we discuss what benefits could be obtained by using this product over any other.
Saga is a specialist provider aimed at those folks over 50. When it comes to travelling, they recognise that as you get older, your medical needs simply change. This means that many pre-existing medical conditions are covered, in the event that you suffer a flare up whilst away. With this policy you will be insured for up to £10 million in emergency medical treatment.
Other insurers may not provide cover for pre-existing conditions, and with treatment abroad being costly, it is best to be properly protected. You can focus on enjoying your holiday and having fun, with peace-of-mind that you’re adequately insured.
Other Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance
- 5 Star Defaqto rated – the highest possible.
- No upper age limit.
- Single trip or annual multi-trip options available.
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover, which can pay for your return home if required.
- Up to £10,000 cover (per person, per trip) should you or your travelling companion have to cancel or abandon your trip.
- Up to £5,000 for lost, stolen or damaged baggage.
- 24-hour English-speaking travel assistance helpline for advice before and whilst you are away.
- Option to protect family and friends of any age, even if they travel without you.
- Automatic cover for over 40 popular leisure activities, with optional leisure and winter sports activities.
If you become ill or injured during your time away, here are just some of the things that they will pay for, in addition to the above:
- Rescue services to take you to hospital.
- The cost of getting you home to the UK if you are unable to use your return ticket.
- Hospital benefit towards incidental expenses for each day you spend in hospital.
The Helpline above will be able to provide assistance and advice on the following:
- How to replace lost or stolen passports, driving licences, air tickets, or other travel documents.
- How to trace your luggage if it is lost or delayed.
- Why, how, where and when you should contact local embassies or consulates.
- How to transfer money from the UK if you need it.
- Guidance for you and your relatives, friends or employers if you are unfortunate enough to go into hospital.
- A translation and interpretation service if you need it.
Fast Claims Service
This provider also have a fast, efficient claims service, where all of their advisers are based in the UK. This does not make use of automated telephone menus, which can be infuriating and stressful. The medical emergency lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Saga Travel Insurance Conclusion
Saga have a lot of great products aimed at clients over 50. If you fall into this age bracket, this is a superb product for you. As a specialist insurer, they understand the changing needs of their policyholders, and accept many pre-existing medical conditions. This is bundled together with other comprehensive benefits, which will definitely put your mind at ease when on your trip
Click here to find out more.
In addition, they back it up with good service from empathetic advisers, and make claiming simple and stress free, which is what you want from a provider like this.
Click here to get more questions answered.