Welcome to this unbiased M&S Car Insurance review. In addition to being one of the UK’s best retailers, Marks & Spencer, have also been involved in providing financial service products for over 30 years. Their car insurance is a very popular choice for their clients, and here is why:
M&S Car Insurance is offered in two versions: Premier and Standard cover. So what is the difference between the two?
If you don’t need all the bells and whistles, you can keep the cost of your car insurance down by choosing standard cover, which comes with the following benefits:
- Uninsured driver protection – so you are covered if you’re hit by another driver who does not have insurance.
- 3 year guarantee on repairs carried out by approved repairers.
- Child seat cover – replacement child seat (up to £150) after an accident.
- £200 personal belongings cover.
With this policy, the insured gets added benefits of around £390 in addition to those on the standard plan. These include:
- European and UK breakdown cover worth £338, from the RAC. This covers the person, not just the vehicle, so the insured may be a passenger in another car.
- Use of a guaranteed replacement car, for up to 28 days after an accident, fire or theft. There may be restrictions on this.
- Up to £100,000 motor legal protection to help you claim for uninsured losses.
Other good things about M&S Car Insurance:
- M&S Bank Cardholder discount – As a main M&S Bank Cardholder, you could save up to 15% when you take out a new insurance policy.
- If you need to make a claim, you’ll be appointed your own personal claims manager who will help ensure everything runs smoothly. They will act as your main point of contact throughout the process from start to finish.
- If you choose a standard policy, you can add various levels of breakdown cover. This will cover the car, however, and not those where you may be a passenger instead.
- With the standard plan, you have the flexibility to add 14, 21 or 28 days of guaranteed replacement car cover to your policy.
Are there any disadvantages to M&S Car Insurance?
This provider is not geared up for younger drivers. If you are between the ages of 17 and 25, and are looking for a cheaper option, then Tesco’s Box Insurance would be a better bet. Other than that, M&S is a good choice.
In Conclusion – M&S Car Insurance Review
In addition to being one of the nation’s favourite stores, M&S offers a very good car insurance policy, whether you decide on the standard or premier plan. The levels of protection are superb, especially on the later, where the breakdown cover extends to the policyholder being a passenger in another car. This extends into Europe, so is a valuable tool for those that travel frequently, or take long family trips.
Click here to check out M&S now.
Should you need to make a claim, you get your own designated claims manager. Once the repairs have been carried out, these are guaranteed for 3 years. All-in-all, you should have a great experience, and M&S are highly recommended.
Take a look here.