More Than has become one of the most recognised insurers in the UK. They are part of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, so have a huge amount of backing. So how does More Than Car Insurance stack up against the competition?
They offer 3 main types of cover: Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft and Smart Wheels (which is aimed at younger drivers). We will take a look at the first two options below:
- 5 Star Defaqto Rated – This is the highest level available.
- Covers accidental damage caused to your car.
- Damage to other vehicles, as well as any injuries to drivers involved in the accident, are covered.
- Insured for fire or theft.
- Courtesy car after an accident, while yours is being repaired by a recommended repairer.
Third Party, Fire & Theft
- With Third Party, Fire & Theft car insurance you will be covered for damage or injury you cause to another vehicle and/or its driver. Repairs to your car do not form part of the policy if it’s damaged in an accident
- Loss of or damage to your vehicle through fire or theft is covered, however.
Other Benefit of More Than Car Insurance include:
- 24/7 emergency assistance after an accident – standard cover includes a free phone helpline.
- Uninsured driver promise – If you are involved in an accident which was not your fault with an uninsured driver, you will not lose your no-claims discount, nor will you pay any excess.
- An award-winning claims service – Best Claims 2016 Winner, awarded by Consumer Intelligence.
- A discount for more cars in the household, (currently around 15% off each vehicle)
- Recommended repairer network – When you use the network of recommended repairers, you’ll benefit from a lifetime guarantee on all repairs that are carried out.
Extras that can be added to your policy.
Legal assistance plan
This provides up to £100,000 of legal expenses, legal representation and access to over 150 legal documents such as wills and tenancy agreements – all of which will be reviewed by a solicitor.
This service will be provided by the RAC. They’ve been helping drivers across the UK for over 100 years. There are 4 cover levels to choose from.
In Conclusion – More Than Car Insurance
More Than offer decent value for money. If you are looking for very cheap car insurance, consider the Third Party option, but beware of the limitations. The Comprehensive plan has great levels of cover for a superb premium, so it is definitely worth considering. Plus, if you have a few cars in the household, you could benefit greatly from the discount on offer.
Find out more here.
They have an industry leading claims service, and are backed by a large, stable parent company. All-in-all, More Than Car Insurance is one of the better insurers out there.
Visit them here