Animal Friends Pet Insurance is a specialist provider that supplies cover for dogs, cats and horses. They are known for their top quality customer service and donations to various animal charities. Animal Friends was voted best Pet Insurance Provider of the Year 2016/17, by Personal Finance, so let’s see what the fuss is all about:
Animal Friends Pet Insurance comes in 9 different policy choices, all offering varying levels of protection. These are made up of Lifetime, Time-Limited and Accident Only which provide the following in terms of cover:
The Lifetime policy will provide cover for veterinary fees you incur if your pet has an accident or falls ill. Lifetime means that any one illness or condition is covered year after year up to a limit per condition that refreshes annually upon renewal.
Time-Limited policies typically have mid-range premiums and will provide cover for veterinary fees you incur if your pet has an accident or falls ill. This means that any one illness or condition is covered for 365 days from the date the condition first manifested itself.
Accident Only Policy
Accident Only policies will only cover you for veterinary fees if your pet has an accident. Illness will not be paid for.
Here are the basics of each pet type:
Animal Friends Dog Insurance
The Dog Insurance offers the following benefits:
- Cover for your dog from 4 weeks old with no upper age limit.
- 10% Multi-pet Discount.
- Same day claims payment (when using their own Pawtal system).
- Monthly or annual premium payment.
- The 9 Policy levels to choose from catering for any budget and need.
Animal Friends Cat Insurance
The Cat Insurance has the following benefits:
- Cover for your cat from 4 weeks old with no upper age limit
- 10% Multi-pet Discount
- Same day claims payment (when using the Pawtal system)
- The 9 types of cover to choose from catering for many of your cat’s needs
- Monthly or annual premium payment
Animal Friends Horse Insurance
All of the equine policies are non-lifetime versions. This means that the Standard Equine policies provide cover for injury, accident, illness and disease. Any one condition is covered for 365 days from the date that the condition first manifested, subject to the financial limit in place on the policy.
Horse Insurance Benefits are:
- Up to 10% Multi Pet Discount.
- Cover from 30 days old up to 20 years.
- Donkeys are covered if needed.
Additional Extras for Horse Insurance
These optional extras can be added to your horse insurance policy:
- Permanent Loss Of Use Cover – If your horse is permanently injured and is prevented from taking part in the activities shown on your schedule.
- Death of Horse – The market value, purchase price or sum insured up to a maximum of £1500, if your horse passes away due to an accidental injury during the policy year.
- Loss by Theft or Straying – Provides cover for the market value, the purchase price paid, or the amount specified in your schedule, up to the maximum benefit limit, if your horse is stolen or lost for more than 90 days. This includes paying towards the advertising and reward costs for your horse.
- Third Party Liability.
- Personal Accident.
- Saddlery and Tack.
- Rider Only Policies available if you do not own your own horse.
Conclusion – Animal Friends Pet Insurance
When it comes to providing protection for your pet, this is as good as it gets. Animal Friends has won numerous awards for their policies and customer service, and have contributed huge amounts of money to animal charities. They definitely care about animals and their clients greatly, which is refreshing in the dry world of insurance.
Click here to find out more.
There is a large amount of choice when it comes to insuring dogs, cats and horses, so there is something for everyone. This provider is definitely worth considering is you are looking to insure your pet in the UK.